Last Updated 01/01/
Welcome to Tax Goddess and thank you for visiting our website.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
In order for us to develop, support, and deliver products and services to you, we collect and process personal data from you and other users of our websites and other services. We may collect information from you such as, but not limited to, your name, email address, Social security number, driver’s license, mailing address, phone/fax numbers, date of birth, gender, payment information, education history, employment information, information related to your professional qualifications, designations and memberships and information about your use of our and third-party websites, products and other personal data.
Our website and other services do not collect any personal information about you unless you specifically and knowingly provide such information. Visitors to our website may choose to interact with our website in ways that require us to gather personally identifying information. In each case, our firm collects such information insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with our website. Our firm does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described in the “Disclosure And Transfer Of Personal Information” section below.
You are not required to provide us with all of the Personal Data listed above, but if you do not do so, we may not be able to effectively provide you with our products, services, and information and may also limit you from utilizing certain website-related activities.
We collect information provided by you via, but not limited to, your tax organizer, questionnaires, worksheets, documents, discussions (phone calls, video calls, e.t.c), and information that we develop as part of the engagement Client Interviews.
We may also collect your personal information when you access or use our services, we may automatically collect information about you, including but not limited to;
- Log Information like which browser you are using, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies as explained in the “Cookies And Other Tracking Technologies” section below.
- We may also collect your personal information from Other Sources like when you log in to one of our services using your social media login details.
- We may also collect information about Experts from publicly available sources and combine that with information we collect directly through our Services.
Usage Of Your Personal Information
We will process your Personal Data on the following bases:
- Our legitimate interests, which include processing such Personal Data for the purposes of providing and enhancing the provision of our products, services, and information, as well as advertising further products, credentials, designations, services, and information to you;
- Where such processing is necessary to perform our contract/engagement with you or to take steps before entering into our contract/engagement with you
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our contractual agreements.
Your Personal Data may be used in the following ways, but is not limited to only these:
- To deliver our products and services to you
- To enhance and improve our products and services, for example, by performing internal research, analyzing user trends, and measuring demographics and interests
- To process payments from you for any products or services that you choose to purchase from us, subscriptions, referral fees, donations, and other forms of payment.
- To process payments to you including but not limited to reimbursements, money gifts, e.t.c
- Internal purposes, such as website and system administration or internal audits and reviews
- To post testimonials: We may post testimonials that you have provided in any way regarding our Services that may contain personal information. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us at the contact information at the bottom of this policy.
- To provide access to restricted parts of our websites.
- To communicate with you regarding your products/services that may be of interest to you
- To respond to your requests and inquiries
- To serve relevant advertisements to you when you visit our sites or other third-party sites (including social media platforms)
- To request your participation in surveys, focus groups, or other initiatives which help us to gather information used to develop and enhance our products and services
- To comply with applicable law(s) (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena, or court order) or to carry out professional ethics/conduct investigations
- From time to time we may provide statistics about the usage levels of the Site and other related information to reputable third parties.
Disclosure And Transfer Of Personal Information
TGBS and all its other affiliated entities treat personal information confidentially and restrict access to personal information to those who require it to develop, support, and deliver products and services to clients. The Personal information will not be disclosed to anyone outside TGBS unless such a disclosure is required by law, or in a court proceeding.
- To our vendors and/or service providers who perform functions on our behalf in the process of providing services and products to You.
- To comply with applicable law(s) (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena, or court order) or to carry out professional ethics/conduct investigations.
- We may disclose your information in case we need to do investigations to, prevent or act on potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved
- To our worldwide employees or independent contractors.
- You authorize us to disclose such information by signing form 7216 or any other disclosure form.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Services. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Cookies And Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small blocks of data created by a web server while a user is browsing a website and placed on the user’s computer or other devices by the user’s web browser – Wikipedia
Our websites use “cookies,” which may automatically collect certain information and data, including browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request.
All major browsers allow you to block or delete cookies from your system. To learn more about your ability to manage your preferences related to cookies, please consult the privacy features within your browser.
Data Protection Under GDPR and internal data transfer
By providing us with your personal data, you acknowledge and agree that we may from time to time transfer any of your personal data to any of our offices or to the offices of any of our affiliates, agents, or appointed representatives located around the world. We have implemented appropriate safeguards for transfers of personal information originating from the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries located outside of the EEA. These safeguards include implementing standard data protection clauses which have been approved by the European Commission or (in relation to transfers from the European Union to the USA) transferring Personal Data to entities who have signed up to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield.
Please do not submit any personal data to us if you do not wish for your data to be transferred internationally. Individuals in Europe may also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of their personal data with their local data protection authority.
TGBS considers the protection of personal information to be a foundation of customer trust. We employ physical, electronic, and procedural controls to protect client information.
We have built infrastructure so as to provide the most secure environment to shield customer information and data from unauthorized use and intrusion attacks.
We have taken the following measures to ensure data security and privacy:
The security measures we have taken to protect your information include but are not limited to;
- Computer Security
- Password-protected access to computer systems
- Controlled access to the internet.
- Controlled electronic communications (E-Mail) through secured mail server under supervision of systems administrator.
- Strict restrictions and enforce policies on the use of media and portable computers.
- Periodic data backup
- Data security in transit
- Secured web servers
- Firewall and intrusion detection system deployed at destination servers.
- 128-bit encryption-based data transfer available.
- Data privacy and preservation:
- Periodic data clean up
- Periodic shredding of case workup paper if any
- Tape based data backup
- Offsite data backup
- Legal Enforcement:
- Confidentiality Agreement with employees under laws applicable in the US
- Stringent employee background checks
- Non Disclosure agreements with customers are enforceable under the laws of the United States.
- Physical data storage on web server located in the US.
Our security practices, processes, or technology do not guarantee the absolute security of your information and you should take all normal personal precautions such as, but not limited to, not sharing passwords, closing browsers, not using public networks (e.g., internet cafes, etc.), etc.
Privacy Of Minors
We only collect personal information for children under the age of 18 for purposes of perfoming the required services, such as tax and accounting work, as required and permitted by law. Parents have the right to terminate the registration of a child under the age of 18 by contacting us using the information listed at the bottom of this policy.
Being a CPA firm, we keep your information permanently in a secure long-storage as required and permitted by laws such as tax and accounting laws.
Should we have no ongoing legitimate business need to retain your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your Physical documents which are no longer needed (i.e. once the task/case has been completed) are shredded and properly disposed of.
Third-Party Websites, Vendors, Or Apps that may or may not be affiliated with us.
Our websites and other services may include links to other websites which are managed by third parties that may or may not be affiliated with us. As a user of links, it is your responsibility to understand those third parties privacy policies. Once you leave our websites using links, we have no control over information that is submitted to or collected by any third parties and are not responsible for other websites/vendors.
Your User Rights
As a user, you may have extended user rights depending on your jurisdiction (for example if you are from the European Economic Area).
Some of your rights are listed below:
- The right to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information
- The right to be informed of the use of your Personal information
- The right to require the correction or erasure of your Personal information
- The right to block and/or object to the processing of your Personal information
- The right to not be subject to any decision based solely on automated processing of your Personal information
- The right to withdraw your consent to process your information, if we are relying on your consent to process your information. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
Tax Goddess Business Services®, P.C.
Text Message the Team: 602-362-7939
1776 N Scottsdale Rd
P.O. Box #1390
Scottsdale, AZ 85252